5k, 10k or 1 Mile. You’ve got this!
The PTI Run on the Runway 5K/10k will be held on September 18, 2021 on the airport’s 9,000 foot runway. This certified run will benefit The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC, Greensboro Urban Ministry and Open Door Ministries. All are invited to come out to run/walk the runway. The 5K/10k on the runway provides a smooth and flat surface. The entire race course will provide a close up view of the airport and surrounding area from the airfield. The course is wheelchair accessible and baby stroller friendly. Given the secure location of this run and for safety reasons, bikes, roller blades and inline skates will not be allowed. Dogs and other pets are strictly prohibited.
Walk to Win Against Hunger
The untimed 5k Walk to win Against Hunger is back! For just $20, participants can register for the Walk to Win Against Hunger, which will be an untimed walk/run held on the airport runway at the same time as the 5K/10K run. Participants in the Walk to Win Against Hunger will be asked to create a fundraising page on the PTIRun.com website and to recruit as many sponsors as possible. The individual with the highest dollar level of sponsors will win $200 airline ticket vouchers.
Our beneficiaries are Second Harvest Food Bank, High Point Open Door Ministry and Greensboro Urban Ministry. One in six people (more than 351,000) in Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC’s 18-county service area are food insecure, living with uncertainty about where their next meal will come from. Your contributions will help solve this problem and all donation stay local!
- Races: PTI Run on the Runway
- Distances: 10K, 5k Run and 5k Walk, 1 Mile and kid’s 100 meter dash
- Date: Saturday, September 18th, 2021
- Location: PTI Airport, Greensboro, NC
- Time: 9:00 am
- 10k – $40 through July 1st, $45 through August 31st, $50 through race day
- 5k – $30 through July 1st, $35 through August 31st, $40 through race day
- 5k Walk – $20 + Fundraising through August 31st, $25 + Fundraising through race day
- 1 Mile – $10 through August 31st, $15 through race day
- Kid’s Dash – Free
Parking & Shuttles
Upon arrival, please follow special event signs and police guidance to the designated parking area. This year’s parking will be in an overflow lot in front of cargo buildings 2 and 3. From the parking area, participants and volunteers will be shuttled over to the runway. You cannot access the runway via walking and must ride a shuttle over to the runway.
The first shuttle bus for runner will depart the parking area at 7:30 AM. We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes prior to your race start time; earlier arrival is permitted.
- Race day registration/Check-in: 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- 10k Race Start: 9:00 am
- 5k Run/Walk Start: 9:20 am
- 5k Walk-Only Start: 9:25 am
- 1 Mile Start: 10:15 am
- Awards Ceremony and Kids Dash: After the 10k
Please note: shuttles will run continuously on race day. We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes prior to your start time.
Packet pickup will be Friday, September 17th at 3 Triad locations (you must select 1 location during registration). See below for pickup times and addresses. Please note the updated ending times due to store closing times!
- 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM – Omega Sports Greensboro 2431 Battleground Ave, Greensboro, NC 27408
- 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Omega Sports High Point 209 Eastchester Dr, High Point, NC 27262
- 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Fleet Feet Winston Salem 278 Harvey St, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
The 5K/10k on the runway provides a smooth and flat surface. The entire race course will provide a close-up view of the airport and surrounding area from the airfield. The course is wheelchair accessible and baby stroller friendly. Given the secure location of this run and for safety reasons, bikes, roller blades and inline skates will not be allowed. Dogs and other pets are strictly prohibited.
This race will be chip timed. Your race bib will contain a timing chip. Wear your race bib on the front pinned to your outer most clothing. Do not cover with water belt.
Awards will be presented to the following categories:
- Top Male/Female Overall in 5k and 10k
- Top 3 Age Groups
- 0-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Race Director reserves the right to combine age groups.
Sign up for a team! Grab your work friends and set up a corporate team.
- Custom designed race shirt
- You MUST register 2 weeks prior to race day to guarantee a shirt.
Cancellation Policy. In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined.
Rules / Guidelines. Sorry, but for safety reasons, we do not allow dogs, bicycles, inline skates or any means of transportation other than running, walking or wheelchairs. Running baby strollers are allowed but must have a minimum of 6″ wheels. Race Director reserves the right to reject any entry or to remove any participant from the race course without explanation.