The PTI Run on the Runway 5K/10k will be held on June 3, 2017 on the airport’s 9,000 foot runway. This certified run will benefit The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC, Greensboro Urban Ministry and Open Door Ministries. All are invited to come out to run/walk the runway. The 5K/10k on the runway provides a smooth and flat surface. The entire race course will provide a close up view of the airport and surrounding area from the airfield. The course is wheelchair accessible and baby stroller friendly. Given the secure location of this run and for safety reasons, bikes, roller blades and inline skates will not be allowed. Dogs and other pets are strictly prohibited. New for 2017, we have added a untimed 5k walk. For just $10, participants can register for the Walk to Wipe Out Hunger, which will be an untimed walk/run held on the airport runway at the same time as the 5K/10K run. Participants in the Walk to Wipe Out Hunger will be asked to create a fundraising page on the PTIRun.com website and to recruit as many sponsors as possible. The individual with the highest dollar level of sponsors will win $200 airline ticket vouchers.
- Races: PTI Run on the Runway
- Distances: 1oK, 5k Run and Walk, 1 Mile and kid’s 100 meter dash
- Date: Saturday June 3, 2017
- Location: PTI Airport, Greensboro, NC
- Time: 8:00 am
- 10k – $35 – Before 06/03 ($35 on race day)
- 5k – $30 – Before 06/03 ($35 on race day)
- 5k Walk – $10 + Fundraising
- 1 Mile – $10- Before 06/03 ($25 on race day)
- Kid’s Dash – Free
- Race day registration/Checkin 6:30 – 7:30
- Last shuttle 7:45am
- 10k Race Start 8:00am
- 5k Run/Walk Start 8:15am
- 1 Mile 9:15 am
- Awards Ceremony and kids dash after the 10k
The 5K/10k on the runway provides a smooth and flat surface. The entire race course will provide a close up view of the airport and surrounding area from the airfield. The course is wheelchair accessible and baby stroller friendly. Given the secure location of this run and for safety reasons, bikes, roller blades and inline skates will not be allowed. Dogs and other pets are strictly prohibited.
This race will be chip timed. Your race bib will contain a timing chip. Wear your race bib on the front pinned to your outer most clothing. Do not cover with water belt.
Awards will be presented to the following categories:
- Top Male/Female Overall in 5k and 10k
- Top 3 Age Groups
- 0-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Race Director reserves the right to combine age groups.
Sign up for a team! Grab your work friends and set up a corporate team.
- Custom designed race shirt
- Cool race shirt
- You MUST register 2 weeks prior to race day to guarantee a shirt.
Cancellation Policy. In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined.
Rules / Guidelines. Sorry, but for safety reasons, we do not allow dogs, bicycles, inline skates or any means of transportation other than running, walking or wheelchairs. Running baby strollers are allowed but must have a minimum of 6″ wheels. Race Director reserves the right to reject any entry or to remove any participant from the race course without explanation.